HR & Property Administration Officer (Click here for detail information )
Job Title: HR & Property Administration Officer
Job Reference: (to be assigned during/on the contract agreement with employee)
Job Grade: Grade 5
Department: HR & Resources
Classification/Categories: Full time
Reports to: Deputy General Manager (DGM)
The HRPAO is responsible for developing policy and directs and coordinates human resources activities of the Society, such as employment, compensation, labor relations, benefits, training, and employee services. S/he manages the movement, distribution and storage of materials in the Society. He/she takes steps to measure, enhance, and enrich the position and image of a company through various goals and objectives. Reporting to the DGM and working closely with respective department heads, the position holder will also be responsible for the supervision of procurement and inventory operations minimizing the process costs, duplication, time wastage while ensuring quality and value creation of the procurement process.
- Analyze wage and salary reports and data to determine competitive compensation plan.
- Writes directives advising department managers Awach’s policy regarding equal employment opportunities, compensation, and employee benefits.
- Consults legal counsel to ensure that policies comply with national and federal laws.
- Develops and maintains a human resources system that meets top management information needs.
- Oversees the analysis, maintenance, and communication of records required by law or local governing bodies, or other departments in the organization.
- Identifies legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting human resources functions and ensures policies, procedures, and reporting are in compliance.
- Studies legislation, arbitration decisions, and collective bargaining contracts to assess industry trends.
- Writes and delivers presentations to corporate officers or government officials regarding human resources policies and practices.
- Maintain proper filling system as needed
- Recruits, interviews, tests, and selects employees to fill vacant positions.
- Plans and conducts new employee orientation to foster positive attitude toward Awach’s goals.
- Ensure that all staffs have valid contracts and job descriptions, and that they understand them,
- Ensure that staffs move from step to step up their grade as appropriate,
- Prepare the staff list every month/quarter,
- Maintain the leave register,
- Periodically review salary scales,
- Review the structure of the staff contracts,
- Review staff training needs, and organize for them to be met,
- Maintain HR records, including staff lists, staff files and the leave register,
- Keeps records of benefits plans participation such as insurance and pension plan, personnel transactions such as hires, promotions, transfers, performance reviews, and terminations, and employee statistics for government reporting.
- Coordinates management training in interviewing, hiring, terminations, promotions, performance review, safety, and sexual harassment.
- Advises management in appropriate resolution of employee relations issues.
- Responds to inquiries regarding policies, procedures, and programs.
- Administers performance review program to ensure effectiveness, compliance, and equity within organization.
- Administers salary administration program to ensure compliance and equity within organization.
- Administers benefits programs such as life, health, and dental insurance, pension plans, vacation, sick leave, leave of absence, and employee assistance.
- Investigates accidents and prepares reports for insurance carrier.
- Coordinates Safety activities and acts as Safety Director.
- Conducts wage surveys within labor market to determine competitive wage rate.
- Prepares budget of human resources operations.
- Prepares employee separation notices and related documentation, and conducts exit interviews to determine reasons behind separations.
- Prepares reports and recommends procedures to reduce absenteeism and turnover.
- Represents organization at personnel-related hearings and investigations.
- Contracts with outside suppliers to provide employee services, such as temporary employees, search firms, or relocation services.
- Supervisory Responsibilities
- Provides management direction and counseling.
- Supervises clerical assistant and temporary staffing as needed.
- Develop, lead and execute purchasing strategies
- Evaluate suppliers based on price, quality, and delivery speed
- Analyze price proposals, financial reports, and other information to determine reasonable prices
- Track and report key functional metrics to reduce expenses and improve effectiveness
- Craft negotiation strategies and close deals with optimal terms
- Negotiate contracts on behalf of their organization
- Meet with staff and vendors to discuss defective or unacceptable goods or services and determine corrective action
- Evaluate and monitor contracts to be sure that vendors and supplies comply with the terms and conditions of the contract and to determine need for changes
- Partner with stakeholders to ensure clear requirements documentation
- Forecast price and market trends to identify changes of balance in buyer-supplier power
- Perform cost and scenario analysis, and benchmarking
- Assess, manage and mitigate risks
- Attend meetings, trade shows, and conferences to learn about new industry trends and make contacts with suppliers
- Seek and partner with reliable vendors and suppliers
- Determine quantity and timing of deliveries
- Monitor and forecast upcoming levels of demand
- Maintain and review records of items bought, costs, deliveries, product performance, and inventories
- Processing orders
- Operating mechanical and IT systems
- Liaising with customers and other departments
- Training, supervising and appraising staff
- Maintaining statistical and financial records
- Ensuring that quality objectives and delivery deadlines are met
- Managing budgets
- Administering stock control
- Ensuring compliance with health and safety legislation
- Controls the flow of incoming materials and outgoing products to ensure customers receive products on time.
- Oversees warehouse, inventory control, material handling, customer service, transportation and planning workers.
- Participate in hiring, training and evaluating employees.
- Prepare worker schedules and ensure warehousing and distribution workers follow safety rules.
- May prepare reports for upper management; negotiate shipping and supplier costs, and work to improve the efficiency of the company’s supply chain.
- Develop, implement and review the Society procurement strategy.
- Interpret, implement and enforce the public procurement regulations and procedures in compliance with the legal guidelines.
- Develop the Society procurement plan, review existing procedures and supervise the procurement function periodically.
- Coordinate internal monitoring and evaluation of the procurement and inventory function in the Society to ensure the systems are adhered to
- Coordinate and prepare bidding documents and invite tenders/quotations for advertisement, opening and evaluation.
- Maintain an accurate inventory of Society supplies
- Design and implement an effective, efficient and up to date procurement and disposal systems for the Society.
- Liaise with the Finance Department in relation to budgetary provisions to ensure smooth payment by processing the supplier payment requests.
- Form, manage and constantly develop the capacity of both the procurement and tendering committees.
- Liaise with the functional heads in organizing for specification of goods and services for procurement, coordinate purchases requirements form user departments and functions.
- Manage and develop the procurement team to ensure that they are effective when executing their roles.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly reports and timely submission accordingly.
- Track and report key functional metrics to manage costs and improve effectiveness.
- Bachelor’s Degree in HR, Purchasing and Supplies, Logistics, Procurement or any other relevant field.
- Qualification in HR, procurement, Supply Chain or related areas qualification,
- Good leadership and supervisory skills,
- Initiative and drive and can perform and meet expectations with minimum supervision,
- Thorough knowledge of Public Procurement Act, Regulations and procedures,
- At least 7 years (BA/BSc degree) and 4 years (MA/MSc degree) of overall professional experience, or who have a recommendation equivalent to this requirement.
- High level of integrity and honesty,
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills,
- Good planning and organizational skills,
- Attentive to details.